Monday 8 February 2016

Birchbox February - Shine bright like a diamond

 
 
I was excited to see my February Birchbox arrive this morning, I was expecting the theme for this month to be hearts and flowers, however Birchbox has gone for 'Shine Bright like a Diamond' (sadly there was no diamond in my box.) I thought I would start with my favourite products from this months Birchbox and work my way down to my least desired products.
 
My winner by far was this stunning Tapered Powered Brush. - isn't it amazing?
 
 
I love love love this gorgeous tampered Powder brush by Spectrum Collections (Full size 7.99)
It's so beautiful, the brush is so soft and reminds me of unicorn hair ( I think it's something to do with the colours) it's perfect for shimmery highlighters and bronzers thanks to the shaped top and super soft tapered bristles. I am putting the full set onto my wish list.

 
 
Next up is the One and Done Shadow Stick by LOC (Full size RRP £8)
There were two different colours up for grabs, I was sent Champagne Problems- a lovely shimmery silvery bronze. This product is exclusive to birchwood and super easy to apply, you simply apply all over your lids then blend with fingertips for a soft, smokey look. I love the fact that you can also use this Shadow stick as a liner and it promises up to 11 hours of creaseless, waterproof colour!
 
I love blushers so was ecstatic to find Frat Boy Blush/shadow by the Balm (sample size RRP £15.50)
The colour is perfect and offers my pale winter cheeks a nice rosy glow. The colour is shimmery but subtle so would complement all complexions. I just wish the same was bigger- its SO tiny! I think I will perhaps get 3 uses out of it (if I'm lucky)




I also received a rather sizeable pot of Body Butter in Patagonia by Ayres (sample size. RRP 19.50)
The plant  based formula boasts shea butter, vitamin E and antioxidants to help soften and hydrate. Ayres have also added jasmine, lavender and ylang-ylang to create a 'serene scent' (birchboxes words) however I sadly think it smells a bit like medicine, so I don't think I will be ordering again.
 
Next up is the Eslor firming Collagen Day Cream it claims to contain hydrolysed marine collagen which apparently locks in moisture, restores elasticity and boosts radiance. I haven't noticed much of a difference but perhaps after a few uses you notice the benefit- sadly I don't think I will see this as the sample is so small. The pot looks quite chunky however I was disappointed to open to list to find the sample inside was teeny. On the plush side it does smell great!
 
My final product was Style De Paris Eau de Parfum by Catherine Malandrino. (Sample Size RRP £50)I have to admit I was pretty  disappointed to receive this perfume sample as its so easy to pick up free perfume samples from the beauty counters, also I am very fussy with my perfume and only really wear Chanel or Jo Malone. Style De Paris is quite fruity with essence of mandarin, red grapefruit and pear - I have to admit it does smell quite pleasant ( a bit like a cocktail)

That's my review of this months Birchbox, have you tried any of these products? What did you receive in your beauty box this month?

Love Chlo XxX


 
 
 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Chlo Told | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig