Monday 8 February 2016

The Super Birchbox Beauty Deal



 


Recently my Instagram has been flooded with magnificent looking beauty boxes, they all looked so tempting but I just couldn't decide which to choose and if they were worth the monthly investment. Luckily Groupon helped me make my mind up by offering a six month subscription to Birchbox for £29.95 how could I refuse?


As I only stumbled across the deal towards the end of January my official 'January Birchbox' didn't arrive until February. The  box itself is beautiful, it's in collaboration with pinterest and covered with inspiring pictures and quotes, inside I found five beautifully illustrated postcards.
 
 
My beauty products where housed in a handy little hessian bag. Here's what I found inside;



1. Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer - Sample size. Full size RRP £18.50
I am a big fan of all things Benefit so I was thrilled to find this tinted primer in my box, I usually wear lash extensions but as I am giving my lashes a month off  this is the prefect product for me right now. The tinted primer is a new addition to the Benefit range so I haven't tried it before, it promises to tint, define and prime lashes for a natural look or to team up with They're real Mascara for a sky scraper effect. When trying this product I found it  really separated and lengthened my lashes and could be worn on its own, however when pairing it up with my favourite mascara it had a much more dramatic look- perfect for evenings.  It's making my transition from extensions to natural lashes much easier to handle.

2.Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner in black - Full size RRP £12
The Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner promises big and bold dramatic eyes. I must admit I  was a bit worried about trying this product, the tip reminded me of a sharpie and on first inspection accidently drew a huge thick black line all over my eye! However after further practice I realised that the nip can be used for both thin and thick lines and is actually quite easy to use. The colour is a very striking black and perfect for the winged look. This eyeliner is great for a night out as its bold, long lasting and smudge-proof.

 

3. Beauty Protector: Protect and detangle -Sample size. RRP £14
This is an exclusive to Birchbox and great for my wild, unruly hair. It smells absolutely gorgeous and helps to condition, detangle and minimise frizz- perfect! This is another great product choice from Birchbox, after washing my hair I simply spray a little onto my damp hair then comb through. I think I might be investing in another bottle of this when it runs out.

4. Absolution L'eau Soir et Matin - Sample size. RRP £27
This cleansing water from Absolution smells lovely, it has hazelnut oil and aloe vera which help soothe and hydrate tired skin. I have found this product did a great job of removing stubborn make up and left my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I am not sure if this will take a place in my day to day beauty routine as I adore my current Decleor toner (you can read about it here.)

 
 
5.Rituals T'ai Chi Foaming Shower Gel- sample size. PPR £8.50 
My final beauty product was from one of my favourite beauty places, Rituals. I always think their products smell amazing, and this one was no exception. It has an uplifting and invigorating scent and left my skin feeling soft and refreshed, luckily a little goes a long way and the gel turns into a foam on contact, its really luxurious and provides a lovely pampering treat.
 
 
Beauty bonus Compact Mirror RRP £4
I also received a little beauty bonus of a compact mirror, although most of my makeup products already come with a mirror its always handy to have an extra mirror to pop in my bag.
 
 
I was really pleased with the products I was sent in my Birchbox and I am already looking forward to my next box arriving and the Groupon deal means each box is only £5 - what a deal!
 
Do you have any beauty box subscriptions? what did you receive in yours? I would love to know!
Leave me a message below, Love Chlo XxX


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Chlo Told | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig